Regardless of the reason, recycling metal is important because it helps reduce pollution and save energy. It also helps create jobs and support the local economy.
Des Plaines, IL, is a great place to live. The people are friendly, the community is where you come when you need it, and there is plenty of stuff to do that attracts families – especially those looking for scrap metal recycling services in Des Plaines, IL.
As of 2017, the city of Des Plaines had a population of about 210,000. This means that a lot of scrap metal is in the area that needs to be recycled, which implies the requirement for scrap metal recycling services in Des Plaines, IL.
According to statistics, in 2016, the city of Des Plaines recycled 158,000 pounds of metals. This decreased from 2015, when the city recycled 169,000 pounds of metals. The reason for the decrease is unknown, but it could be due to changes in the economy or industry.
What Is Scrap Metal Recycling?
Scrap metal recycling is recovering metals from waste materials like old appliances and automobiles. The metals are then reused or recycled into new products.
Why Is Recycling Scrap Metal Necessary?
- It can reduce environmental pollution. Polluting factories create mountains of waste daily, which often contain heavy metals like lead and mercury. Recycling these metals can help reduce the number of harmful pollutants released into the environment.
- It is profitable. Another reason to recycle scrap metal is that it’s profitable. Recycling plants pay for quality metals, so recycling your old hardware can help reduce landfill costs and make money simultaneously.
Recycling Materials: Aluminum, Copper, and Lead
In Des Plaines, IL, several scrap metal recycling services are dedicated to improving the environment by recycling aluminum, copper, and lead. By doing this, these businesses help reduce the amount of waste in landfills or the ocean. Here are a few ways these recycled metals can be used:
- Aluminum cans can be recycled into new cans, foil, and roofing shingles.
- Copper can be recycled into new wiring and plumbing or new cars.
- Lead can be recycled into new batteries and other electronic items.
Process of Scrap Metal Recycling
Metals are recycled by breaking them down into elemental parts and then melting them down again to create new metal objects.
Economics of Scrap Metal Recycling
Scrap metal recycling creates jobs. When a company recycles metals, they create new products used in other industries. This creates jobs in the metals recycling industry and other industries that use the new products. For example, a company that recycles copper can create new copper wiring for homes, new copper pipes for businesses, or new copper components for automobiles. This means that many people are employed by the metals recycling industry and the industries that use recycled metals.
What Does Scrap Metal Recycling Do?
Several types of scrap metal recycling services can improve the environment in Des Plaines, IL. Some of these services include:
- Collection: Scrap collectors will come to your home or business to pick up metals and other materials that can be recycled. This service is suitable for people with a lot of junk metal that needs to be collected.
- Processing: Metal processing plants will remove all the harmful chemicals from the metal before it is sold or used. This process makes the metal more valuable and easier to reuse.
- Reuse: After the metal has been processed, it can be used in new products or recycled. This process helps to reduce waste and improve the environment.
In today’s world, taking every opportunity to help improve the environment is essential. Scrap metal recycling services do just that by sorting and processing valuable metals like aluminum into new products. Not only does this help reduce environmental waste, but it also creates jobs and helps support local businesses. So, if you are looking for a way to positively impact the world around you, consider contacting scrap metal recycling services.